WESTLAKE YOUTH FOOTBALL District #33
WESTLAKE FIELD LOCATION
Vista Heights Middle School
484 Pony Express Pkwy, Saratoga Springs
Westlake Home Fields
Contact Westlake Youth Football
WESTLAKE YOUTH FOOTBALL BOARD MEMBERS
Fields and Equipment
WESTLAKE YOUTH FOOTBALL HEAD COACHES
Scouts (7-8 Year Olds)
Mity Mites (11 Year Olds)
Gremlins (9 Year Olds)
Grid Irons (12 Year Olds)
Pee Wees (10 Year Olds)
Bantams (13 Year Olds)
About Westlake Youth Football
We Are Westlake Youth Football
We are members of the UTE CONFERENCE youth tackle football organization, serving Saratoga Springs. The Ute Conference is the largest, independent, non-profit youth football conference in the USA, we compete against the top youth football programs in Utah. The Ute Conference offers the Highest Safety Standards, Best Organization, and Most Competitive youth football in Utah.
One Team, One Family
Our organization works together as one unit to ensure the growth of your child, promoting sound fundamentals and a champion mentality both on and off the field. Your child will gain a love of football and the skills necessary to successfully compete at the next level. We work closely with the High School program to help build football in our community to reach the highest level. We are one family that will support each other and grow together. Join us for another exciting season of Westlake Thunder Youth Football.
Westlake Youth Football FAQ
This is why we are better
The Westlake Youth Football Ute Conference organization was started to bring competitive, quality youth football to the Westlake community. Here are the things that set us apart as the preferred Westlake Youth Football program that you do not get from the other youth organization. We are not WYFL.
- We compete in the UTE CONFERENCE, the largest youth football conference in the USA! We are a NON-Profit 501c3 organization ensuring your hard earned money goes to the kids, instead of a business that is profiting from youth football.
- All home games and practices are held at VISTA HEIGHTS Middle School, right here in Saratoga Springs. All of our teams practice at Vista Heights, so there is LESS TRAVEL. If you have multiple kids in the program, you will have the opportunity to sit and enjoy watching all of your kids practice, rather than travel all over Eagle Mountain and Saratoga Springs.
- On GAME DAY you will be able to stay at one location to watch all of the teams play. The 2017 season has 5 HOME games!! This means the games are played at Vista Heights Middle School, in Saratoga Springs. (The exception would be the B teams- they will play AWAY games at a different venue, all B teams will play HOME games at Vista Heights) You can see the A team schedules here. We play a true home and away schedule.
- We use high quality, certified safe equipment to ensure the safety of your child. Helmets are reconditioned (NOT REFURBISHED) every 2 years and disposed of after 6 years to ensure proper protection for your child. Strict safety standards are in place to ensure all equipment is kept up to par.
- Teams are separated by age instead of by grade. This keeps the kids safe and competing on a level playing field against players their own age and not against older players that are physically advanced. A single year makes a huge difference in the physical stature of kids. Birthday cut-off date is the first of September.
- There are 4 referees at EVERY game instead of 2 or 3. This means more eyes to see what is happening all over the field. Not only where the ball is going.
- We have Emergency personnel on-site at every game to ensure your child’s safety. If there is a player down on the field, a certified trainer is on-site to assess each individual situation and help determine the severity of each injury.
- We also have Security personnel on-site at every game. Is there a fouled mouth gentleman/lady yelling at the referees, and causing a scene? Security personnel are there to quickly defuse the situation, so everyone can enjoy the game.
- Top of the line home, and away jerseys for your player to keep. We do not supply screen print jerseys from the local print company. The Ute Conference supplies personally embroidered, durable NFL-style jerseys.
- All coaches must pass a background check. Coaches are not allowed on the sideline without their proper badge being worn visibly. All coaches must also pass the USA Football Certifications.
- Districts are separated, and compete, with districts of like size to help ensure competitive balance. This is determined by the previous year enrollment numbers. This is similar to how the High Schools are ranked.
- You get to play a different district every week instead of playing the same few multiple times a year.
- Westlake teams never have to compete against each other! We develop a true FAMILY atmosphere in our program.
When it comes to youth football, there is only one choice. Give your child the best football experience, Westlake Youth Football Ute Conference.
How much will I have to travel if with the Westlake Ute Youth Football program?
There have been misconceptions manufactured that you must travel a lot if you play for the Ute Conference. This is untrue and in fact there is less travel! This season we are at Vista Heights for every practice and 5 home games. We have 4 away games and that will be the only time we will have any travel that is generally within 45 minutes.
When does the season start and how long does it last?
Practice begins July 29th and the first preseason game is August 17th. There are 9 games and then a 2 round playoff with the Championships being played in November.
Does my player have to weigh-in?
YES!!! All players must weigh-in. If you miss the first official weigh-in date, there is a make-up date. If your player misses all weigh-ins then they will not be allowed to play for the entire season.
Do you charge admission to games?
All regular season games are free to the public. We do have a small charge for playoff games that goes right back into funding the program. Being a NON PROFIT organization, all funds are accounted for and for program use only. There are no paid leaders in our Westlake organization.
How are teams formed?
Teams are sorted after the first week of practice. We do our best to keep team numbers at a manageable number to insure proper playing time for each player. Teams must split at 32 players. The first week of practice will determine how the teams will get sorted if there are enough kids to form multiple teams. The kids will be placed where they will have the best experience.
Does Westlake Youth Football Ute Conference Support the High School Program?
Yes! We operate 9th grade teams and work with the high school staff to get the young men on track for their high school experience. Our schedule is more representative of a high school schedule with a great variety of the top football programs to play against. We fully support the high school program and the High School also gives us their full endorsement and support.
Who do we play?
Our teams compete in the Ute Conference, the toughest football conference in the USA. Our program has captured 12 championships in only 6 years at the highest level of youth football. Schedules are created each year after teams are grouped by program size to create fantastic match ups all season long. There are 37 districts competing so you get a great variety of teams to play instead of playing the same 4 or 5 districts each and every year. Teams are made up by high school bounderies that are strictly enforced and do not allow all star teams to be formed and entered into league play. Westlake is now known for strong football since the creation of our program.
What will you have to provide for your player?
All equipment is provided except for cleats and mouth pieces.