Parent Code Of Conduct
We, the Ute Conference, have implemented the following Parent Code of Conduct Agreement for the important message it holds about the proper role of parents in supporting their child in sports. Parents should read, understand this form prior to their child participating in our program.
Any parent guilty of improper conduct at any game or practice will be asked to leave the facility and be suspended from the game. Repeat violations may cause multiple game suspensions, or the season forfeiture of the privilege of attending all games as listed below.
I therefore agree:
1. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the games are for the youth, not adults.
2. I will remember that “wins” are based on my child’s performance, teamwork, and playing within the rules.
3. I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing, taunting, or using profane language or gestures.
4. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a game.
5. I will respect officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront officials or coaches at the field. I understand that it is impossible for any referee to catch everything that goes on during such a fast-paced game as football. Watching from the stands or the bench is not the same as watching and following the game on the field. Shouting abuse at officials does not contribute to the game, it only communicates to those around us that we need to prove to others how much we know about the game by belittling the official. During the season everyone should expect some mistakes made by players, coaches and officials during games.
6. If I wish to calmly discuss the actions of the coach, I will wait 24-hours before calling the coach to make arrangements for a face-to-face discussion. No coach is required to listen to complaints over the phone or directly following a game or practice.
7. If I have a concern that I am unable to resolve with our coach (after observing the 24-hour rule) I will contact the appropriate person within the Ute Conference Football organization.
8. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
9. I will insure that my child will attend all games and practices. When attendance is not possible, I agree to inform the coach or team manager in advance.
10. I will remember coaches are not babysitters. Parents are ultimately responsible for the actions of their child while at the field or any other team function.
11. I will control non-playing children for their own safety and comfort of others.
12. Conduct Subject to Discipline:
A. Making physical contact with any player, coach, official, league representative, field personnel or spectator.
B. Taunting or threatening any player, coach, official, league representative, football personnel or spectator.
C. Using profane and/or vulgar language or mannerisms.
F. Going onto the playing field.
G. Being involved in any activity that would warrant the summoning of law enforcement officials.
H. Any other conduct that is not in compliance with the bylaws of the Ute Conference Football program.
I agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
• Verbal warning by official, head coach, and/or Board Member of any District of the Ute Conference Football organization,
• Written warning
• Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by the Ute Conference Football organization
• Parental seasonal suspension